- Do you check your Facebook timeline more than twice a day?
- Do you spend more than 20 minutes a day on FB?
- Do you find it difficult to imagine a day without your phone?
- Do you use your phone during meals?
- Have you ever read an SMS or gone online during a church gathering?
- Have you stayed up beyond your normal bedtime because of FB?
On the Ministry Training Course recently Harrison reminded of why the ‘i’ in ‘iServe’ is small in contrast to our culture and natural heart disposition towards a narcissistic focus on me myself and I. He referred to this excellent little book by Tim Chester which points us to the dangers that come along with the benefits of social media and guides us towards gospel solutions. Why not get a bunch for your youth group?
And on the extent of Facebook usage in Africa see Moses Kemibaro.
And for a great picture of FB versus reality…